What Makes Kevin Deliberately Different
He loves to teach.
Kevin J. Dunne represents corporations in class actions, unfair trade practice, products liability and other complex matters. An active trial attorney, Mr. Dunne has tried more than 66 cases to verdict. He is a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, a fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
In 2012, Mr. Dunne was recognized by Chambers USA for his accomplishments as an “established and experience player” in insurance disputes and class action litigation. Based on a survey conducted by California Lawyer, Mr. Dunne was selected as one of the most respected defense attorneys in the state of California, and in another survey conducted by the National Law Journal, he was ranked as one of the top defense lawyers in the country. He has repeatedly been named one of the Bay Area’s top lawyers by Bay Area Lawyer Magazine. He has repeatedly been selected by his peers to be listed in Best Lawyers in America under three separate categories: Bet-the-Company, Commercial, and Product Liability Litigation, most recently for 2014. He also regularly appears in Who’s Who Legal as one of the 10 most highly regarded products liability lawyers in the world. Mr. Dunne was featured as a Life Science Star in LMG’s Life Sciences 2012’s inaugural issue.
Representative ClientsIncluded among the clients Mr. Dunne has represented and counseled are Alza Corporation, Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corporation, Collagen Corporation, DaimlerChrysler Corporation, The Dalkon Shield Claimants Trust, Genentech, Inc., AkzoNobel, Corium International, State Farm Insurance Company and Travelers Insurance.
Presentations and PublicationsMr. Dunne is a frequent national lecturer at programs sponsored by various professional organizations. In addition to his many articles on the litigation process, he is the author of the practical treatise, Dunne on Depositions, published by The West Group.
- J.D. (1966) Georgetown University Law Center
- B.A. (1963) University of Connecticut
- “Non-IP Litigation Star” by LMG Life Sciences (2016 edition)
- Chambers USA
- California Lawyer ― one of the most respected defense attorneys in the state of California
- National Law Journal ― ranked as one of the top defense lawyers in the country.
- Bay Area Lawyer Magazine ― among Bay Area’s top lawyers
- Best Lawyers ― repeatedly selected by his peers to be listed in three separate categories: Bet-the-Company, Commercial Litigation and Product Liability Litigation, most recently for 2017
- Who’s Who Legal ― one of the 10 most highly regarded products liability lawyers in the world
- “Life Sciences Star” by LMG Life Sciences (2012 inaugural edition)
Memberships and Affiliations
- American College of Trial Lawyers ― fellow
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers ― fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates ― member
- International Association of Defense Counsel ― past president
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Lawyers for Civil Justice
- University of San Francisco ― adjunct professor of law
- College of Advocacy, Hastings Center for Trial and Appellate Advocacy ― faculty member