What Makes Kimberly Deliberately Different
Kimberly focuses her practice on helping insurance companies minimize their risks and obtain global resolutions to coverage disputes. Her ability to recall and analyze the smallest details while never losing sight of the broader picture enables her to develop and execute strategies that achieve the best possible results for her clients.
Kimberly Forrester handles complex insurance coverage disputes and litigation matters on behalf of insurer clients concerning professional liability, directors and officers liability, employment practices liability, errors and omissions coverage, and commercial general liability policies.
Prior to joining the firm, Kimberly served as a judicial extern to the president of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in The Hague. She was also involved in her law school’s California Asylum Representation Clinic, where she worked as a volunteer and mentor, advocating on behalf of asylum-seekers. Kimberly received the International Law Certificate in recognition for her externship and her involvement with the Berkeley Journal of International Law. She is proficient in Spanish.
Presentations and Publications
- Co-contributor, Chapter 8 – Policy Exclusions, “Directors & Officers Liability Insurance Deskbook” Fourth Edition (2016).
- Co-author, “COVERAGE B: Personal Injury and Advertising Injury Liability Trends,” DRI Insurance Coverage and Claims Institute (April 2016).
- Author, “Insurance Coverage Issues Implicated in Data Breach Claims,” DRI’s Data Breach and Privacy Law seminar, Chicago, IL (September 12, 2014).
- Author, “In California, Looks Really Do Matter: Visual Appearance and Internal Consistency of Policy Language Supports Application of Exclusion,” Sedgwick's Insurance Law Blog (September 5, 2014).
- Author, “Federal Court Upholds California County’s Safe Drug Disposal Ordinance,” Sedgwick’s Generic Drug Law Update (September 2013).
- Author, “A Sigh of Relief for California Manufacturers,” Law360 (August 27, 2013).
- Author, “California Appellate Courts Clarify and Limit Plaintiffs’ Recovery for Medical Expenses,” Sedgwick’s Pharmaceutical Law Update (July 2013), republished from Sedgwick’s Product Liability Advisory (Spring 2013).
- Author, “California Supreme Court Holds Survival Statute Does Not Apply to Out-Of-State Corporations,” Sedgwick’s Toxic Tort and Environmental Law Update (February 2013).
- Co-author, “Hydraulic Fracturing Litigation Is on the Rise,” Sedgwick’s Hydraulic Fracturing Digest (September 2011).
- J.D. (2012) University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall)
- B.A. (2009) Johns Hopkins University, Phi Beta Kappa honors
– Senior editor of the Berkeley Journal of International Law
– Staff editor of the Berkeley Business Law Journal