What Makes Shari Deliberately Different
A working mother with two young children, Shari provides her clients with patience, creative thinking, and negotiation skills that she has honed in navigating the delicate mediations between her children. She offers clients a practical and reasoned approach to litigation matters, as well as in depth knowledge of their complex industries. Shari enjoys the collaborative relationship that she has with her clients, and believes that every new case offers an exciting opportunity to problem solve and bring a positive result for the client.
Shari F. Keiser specializes in providing litigation defense in federal and state courts on behalf of corporate clients in complex matters involving mass toxic tort, products liability, and catastrophic injuries. Ms. Keiser has defended product liability cases alleging catastrophic personal injury and consumer exposures to asbestos. She has also worked closely with in-house counsel to develop comprehensive and cost-effective national strategies to respond to all phases of litigation. She is responsible for coordinating and managing defense strategies of local counsel across multiple states throughout the East Coast. With extensive experience in discovery, depositions, summary judgment and trial, Ms. Keiser has directed all phases of litigation. Ms. Keiser’s approach to the defense of her clients has resulted in the early dismissal of actions against her clients as well as numerous favorable settlements.
Ms. Keiser’s previous litigation experience includes defending against claims involving medical malpractice, personal injury, insurance coverage, automobile liability and products liability. Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Keiser served as a law clerk to the Hon. Nicholas J. Stroumtsos, Jr., Middlesex County Superior Court.
Presentations and Publications
- “Pennsylvania Appeals Court Affirms Defendants’ Summary Judgments on Bystander Exposure Claims,” Sedgwick’s Toxic Tort and Environmental Law Update (October 2014).
- “District of Columbia District Court Grants Summary Judgment to Honeywell on Motion to Reconsider,” Sedgwick’s Product Liability Advisory (June 2013).
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court (N.D. Ill.)
- U.S. District Court (D. N.J.)
- J.D. (2002) The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law
- B.A. (1999) Tufts University
Membership and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association