What Makes Timothy Deliberately Different
Substantial experience as litigator and insurance attorney brings practical perspective to handling and resolving disputes in a manner consistent with the client’s goals and expectations.
Timothy Kevane’s practice primarily focuses on complex insurance coverage disputes involving commercial property and casualty insurance, professional indemnity, aerospace, media and errors and omissions policies. Timothy has represented domestic and international insurance clients in litigation encompassing a wide range of coverage issues.
Timothy has litigated in both federal and state courts throughout the United States. He attended Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and received his bachelor’s degree from the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University. Timothy is fluent in Spanish and conversational in French.
Presentations and Publications
- “Viking Pump Rebels Against NY Pro Rata Allocation Regime,” Law360 (May 19, 2016).
- “New York Insurance Law, 2015 Year In Review,” Sedgwick White Paper (January 2016).
- “Director’s Chair Wobbles Under The Weight Of Copyright Law,” Law360 (October 20, 2015).
- “The Illusory Coverage Doctrine Remains Elusive,” Insights, Society of Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriters (September 2015).
- “Mobile Wi-Fi Bumps Up Against NIMBY,” Law360 (January 20, 2015).
- “New York Insurance Law, 2014 Year In Review,” Sedgwick White Paper (January 2015).
- “Online Comments Section Can Raise Republication Issues,” Law360 (November 5, 2014).
- “District Court Dismisses Passenger’s Direct Action Against Airline’s Insurer,” Sedgwick’s Aerospace Insurance Update (September 15, 2014).
- “No Coverage Under Aviation Policies Where Product Was Not Used in Connection With Aircraft or Aviation Operations,” Sedgwick’s Aerospace Insurance Update (July 21, 2014).
- “Don’t Bank on a General Liability Policy for Protection After a Cyberattack,” Business Insurance (June 19, 2014).
- “Not Feeling It: Court Nixes Claim for Feng Shui Fees and Finds No Bad Faith,” Sedgwick’s Insurance Law Blog (June 2014).
- “History in the Making as Journalism, Law and Politics Converge for Federal Reporter’s Shield,” Sedgwick’s Media Law Bulletin (October 2013).
- “Drone Privacy Claims on the Horizon,” The Binder, Aviation Insurance Association (September 2013).
- “Perspectives: Developments With ‘Routine’ SEC Settlements May Affect Professional Liability, D&O Insurance,” Business Insurance (August 6, 2013).
- “Absolute Pollution Exclusion Applies Indoors,” Sedgwick’s Insurance Law Blog (July 5, 2013).
- “Judge’s Ruling May Unsettle Corporate Policyholders,” Business Insurance (January 1, 2012).
- “The Tube and You: Why Insurers Are Watching YouTube,” Risk & Insurance (September 1, 2011).
- “It’s No Secret: Misappropriation of Trade Secrets Claim Without Advertising Will Not Trigger Coverage,” Sedgwick’s Insurance Law Update (August 2011).
- “Anti-Indemnity Statutes Cave to Insurance Obligation,” Insurance Law360 (March 24, 2011).
- “Media Liability Insurance — An Overview,” CPCU eJournal (December 2010).
- Co-author, “In the UK, Libel Tourist Attractions May Be Closing,” San Francisco Daily Journal (March 11, 2010).
- Presenter, “Media Liability Insurance,” ABA/TIPS Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee Midyear Meeting, Phoenix, AZ (February 2010).
- “Help Me Help You: A Primer on the Cooperation Clause,” Bloomberg Law Reports — Insurance Law (August 3, 2009).
- “Determining Coverage for ‘Professional Services’ in CGL and Professional Liability Policies,” CPCU eJournal (August 2008).
- “Procurement Provisions Do Not Trump Other Insurance Clauses,” Sedgwick’s Insurance Law Update (August 2007).
- “Prior and Pending Litigation Exclusion Upheld to Bar Coverage,” Sedgwick’s Insurance Law Flash (December 2007).
- “The Song Beverly Act From a Manufacturer’s Perspective” (article on manufacturers’ liability for warranty claims handling in California), Los Angeles Lawyer (February 2004).
- “Fair Use in Jackson vs. MPI Home Video: Why Bother?” Loyola Law School Entertainment Law Journal (1990).
- New York
- U.S. District Court (E.D.N.Y.)
- U.S. District Court (S.D.N.Y.)
- U.S. District Court (W.D.N.Y.)
- U.S. District Court (N.D.N.Y.)
- 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court (C.D. Cal.)
- U.S. District Court (E.D. Cal.)
- U.S. District Court (N.D. Cal.)
- U.S. District Court (S.D. Cal.)
- J.D. (1991) Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, St. Thomas Moore Law Honor Society
- B.S. (1987) Georgetown University (International Relations)
- Barristers President’s Award, Los Angeles County Bar Association