Larry Klein is the former managing partner of our New York office. He is a commercial trial lawyer who specializes in advising insurers on policy drafting and complex insurance coverage issues. Mr. Klein represents insurers in coverage disputes before state and federal courts and arbitration panels throughout the U.S. and in Bermuda. He has particular expertise in providing advice and handling disputes relating to sophisticated retrospective premium and risk-transfer issues.
In representing some of the largest insurance companies in the world, Mr. Klein has developed a reputation for being a creative thinker and an imaginative problem-solver. His clients know him for his strong work ethic, thorough analysis of policy details and implications, and his ability to decipher extraordinarily complex cases involving multiple parties and issues.
Mr. Klein is an effective trial chair who has handled numerous multi-million dollar cases. He holds an AV Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating, the highest ranking for legal ability and general ethical standards, as reported in the LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. Mr. Klein was named a top lawyer in Legal Media Group’s 2015 Insurance and Reinsurance Expert Guide and has been selected to Super Lawyers for five consecutive years.
Representative MattersMr. Klein has successfully represented clients in numerous high-profile cases that have made national news, many of which involve sophisticated insurance transactions in various disciplines, including construction projects, class actions, pollution catastrophes, financial transactions, mass torts, product recalls and healthcare coverage.
- New York
- 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court (C.D. Cal.)
- U.S. District Court (E.D.N.Y.)
- U.S. District Court (W.D.N.Y.)
- U.S. Court of Claims
- U.S. District Court (S.D.N.Y.)
- J.D. (1984) Boston University School of Law
- B.A. (1981) Yeshiva University
- AV Preeminent® certified by the Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating system
- Super Lawyer, 2010-2015
- Top Lawyer, 2015 Insurance and Reinsurance Expert Guide, Legal Media Group
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association