Gregory Lahr litigates complex commercial disputes in state and federal courts and before arbitration panels, with an emphasis on insurance coverage matters involving first- and third-party property and casualty, environmental, professional liability and employment practices claims. Greg also provides counseling and opinions for domestic and international insurers in coverage matters pre-litigation, and drafts policy language for manuscript policy forms and endorsements for first- and third-party coverages.
In addition to insurance coverage, Greg defends clients in employment discrimination and harassment matters before federal and state courts and agencies. He counsels clients on a variety of commercial and contract matters as well as employment issues, including hiring and termination practices, employment contracts, payment of wages and employment policies and handbooks.
Greg’s clients represent a cross-section of industries and include insurers, environmental and engineering firms, airlines, employment staffing companies and recruiters. He is co-chair of Sedgwick’s Hydraulic Fracturing Task Force.
Greg has established corporate structures, negotiated vendor contracts and provided counsel on intellectual property and production and manufacturing issues, particularly in the fashion and retail sector.
Presentations and Publications
- Editor-in-chief, Sedgwick’s Insurance Law Blog.
- Co-editor, Hydraulic Fracturing Digest.
- Author and presenter on a variety of insurance coverage litigation issues relating to the discovery process, claims handling, the duty to defend, bad faith, pollution, hydraulic fracturing, and mold.
- Presenter on employment issues involving harassment and discrimination in the workplace, background checks, payment of wages and establishing and maintaining employment relationships.
- New York
- 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court (D. Md.)
- U.S. District Court (E.D.N.Y.)
- U.S. District Court (S.D.N.Y.)
- J.D. (1997) The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, cum laude
- B.A. (1993) Providence College
Memberships and Affiliations
- Defense Research Institute
- Insurance Law Committee
- Employment and Labor Law Committee
- Eagle Scout, having participated in scouting for more than ten years
- Greg has completed several marathons and triathlons across the country