Christopher Norton has extensive experience litigating product liability and mass tort actions. His comprehensive practice in the area of pharmaceutical and medical device litigation includes the representation of many top tier companies in cutting-edge litigation, including actions involving orthopedic devices and other prescription products and medications. Christopher also serves as California Counsel for the American Red Cross and handles blood donation actions and related claims on its behalf.
Christopher serves as Defense Liaison Counsel in Coordinated Proceedings involving medical devices and pharmaceutical products. His practice involves all aspects of preparing complex actions for trial in state and federal court, including the supervision of discovery and investigation. His practice includes management of actions from the pleading stage through fact and expert discovery.
Christopher takes and defends corporate and witness depositions, as well as plaintiff and expert witness depositions. He has routinely been involved in the preparation and successful argument of dispositive motions and has successfully handled and resolved multiple actions through settlement conferences and mediation. Christopher’s practice also includes the defense and prosecution of actions relating to intellectual property rights, including transactions and disputes in general business and the entertainment and sports industries as it relates to copyright, trademark, defamation, licensing and other contract rights.
Presentations and Publications
- “Upholding CAFA’S Intended Purpose,” Sedgwick’s Product Liability Advisory (April 2013).
- Contributor, “Insurance Claims for Property Loss: Determining Coverage and Presenting Claims,” Continuing Education of the Bar (2004).
- 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court (C.D. Cal.)
- U.S. District Court (E.D. Cal.)
- U.S. District Court (N.D. Cal.)
- U.S. District Court (S.D. Cal.)
- J.D. (2004) Southwestern University School of Law
- B.S. (2001) Emerson College, cum laude
- Listed as a Southern California “Rising Star” for 2014-2016 in Super Lawyers
- State Bar of California
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Former member, California Conference of Arson Investigators