Sheryl Rosenberg is an active trial attorney whose practice encompasses defending entities from individual and complex claims of harassment, physical and sexual abuse, and bullying. She also defends large private companies from commercial and product liability claims, including those involving fraud, breach of contract and tort claims.
Ms. Rosenberg has successfully defended businesses in all phases of litigation, including trial in both state and federal court, as well as arbitration, and in doing so, has prepared and defended a vast number of employees and executives for deposition and trial. She is an experienced counselor to her clients, managing litigation from discovery through trial. Ms. Rosenberg’s ability to balance risk management with litigation foresight allows her to frequently resolve matters early and successfully.
- G.M. v. School District: In this personal injury case, plaintiff alleged that he was sexually abused by his pre-school teacher and that the school district had negligently hired, retained and supervised the teacher. At trial, the plaintiff requested a verdict of $9 million. The jury returned a defense verdict.
- Minor Doe v. School District: This plaintiff alleged that he was harassed based on his sexual orientation and sought damages above $1 million. The plaintiff’s case was dismissed by the court prior to trial.
- Ingram v. Apartment Owner and Management Co.: In this personal injury case, the plaintiff alleged that he was injured after falling down a stairwell, arguing that the defendants failed to maintain the stairwell in a safe manner. The plaintiff dismissed his case during trial while the court was considering a defense motion for judgment.
- Funes v. Apartment Owner and Management Company: The plaintiff alleged that he was injured after falling through a balcony floor. The defendant stipulated to liability, and the jury returned a verdict at the same amount that the defendant offered pre-trial.
- U.S. District Court (C.D. Cal.)
- U.S. District Court (E.D. Cal.)
- U.S. District Court (N.D. Cal.)
- U.S. District Court (S.D. Cal.)
- J.D. (2004) Pepperdine University School of Law
- B.A. (2000) University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Public Counsel’s “Advocate of the Year” in the area of children’s rights (2007)
Memberships and Affiliations
- California Bar Association and American Bar Association Litigation section
- Los Angeles Advisory Board of PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center
- Alliance of Moms (a section of the Alliance for Children’s Rights)
- Sedgwick Pro Bono committee