Overview Overview Credentials
Maggie Watkins leads the firm’s international marketing and business development initiatives from its Kansas City office. With more than 25 years of professional services marketing expertise, Maggie is highly regarded as a law firm marketing thought leader whose strategic and innovative approaches garner exceptional results.
Maggie joined Sedgwick after consulting with professional services companies throughout the U.S. in the areas of marketing, business development, management, training and coaching. She has also served as CMO for three AmLaw 200 law firms and a global publicly traded consulting firm, president and CEO of an international law firm association, and has worked at the executive level at several accounting firms.
Watkins is a recognized leader in law firm marketing, having served as the past chair of the international Legal Marketing Association (LMA). She is the former chief business development and marketing officer for Bradley Arant Boult Cummings where she oversaw the business development and marketing efforts of 500 attorneys in eight offices.
Maggie held the same position at Best Best & Krieger LLP where she built successful business development, marketing and communications strategies for the firm’s 225 lawyers in nine offices. She is the former president and chief executive officer of Meritas, a global alliance of 175 independent law firms located in 80 countries. Maggie also has held senior-level positions with The National University System, the second largest nonprofit institution of higher education in California and LECG, a publicly traded global expert services and consulting firm with 34 offices in 15 countries.
- B.A. University of California, Los Angeles
- “Woman of Dedication,” Salvation Army
- “Marketing Professional of the Year,” San Diego Business Journal
- “Cool Woman,” Girl Scouts of the USA
- “One of 50 to Watch,” San Diego Magazine
- “Women Who Mean Business,” San Diego Business Journal
Memberships and Affiliations
- Past chair, Legal Marketing Association (LMA) (International)
- Past chair, Association of Accounting Marketing (AAM) (International)
- Past chair, Alzheimer’s Association, San Diego Chapter
- Current vice chair, Leadership California