Trial attorney Susan V. Watson focuses her practice on product liability and mass tort litigation. She has extensive experience handling multidistrict litigation and joint defense efforts. She manages all aspects of litigation and counsels clients concerning complex e-discovery matters. Ms. Watson also has litigated contract disputes and product defect matters.
Ms. Watson serves as National Discovery Counsel for a major corporation, supervising and managing a major portion of the client’s general and electronic discovery. In that capacity, she is the primary point of contact for e-discovery and other litigation issues for in-house counsel, business units, records management and third-party vendors to ensure proper communication and coordination of efforts. She also has evaluated the structures of various business units of several affiliated companies across the United States to compare operations and standardize approaches to discovery. Ms. Watson manages preservation of electronically stored information, decommissioning of databases, migration of data, selection and implementation of new technology, organization of a vast repository of documents, and oversight of document handling and production.
Presentations and Publications
- “Brown v. Tellermate Holdings, Ltd.: Lessons in Managing the Discovery of ESI,” Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal (November 2014)
- National Bar Association, 2012 Annual Convention Panel Moderator: E-Discovery: What you don’t know can hurt your client!
- National Secretary, Women in eDiscovery (2010-2011)
- Master’s Conference Panel Participant (2011)
- LegalTech Panel Participant (2011)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court (D.D.C.)
- J.D. (1997) Georgetown University Law Center
- B.S. (1993) University of Maryland, cum laude
Memberships and Affiliations
- Georgetown University Paralegal Certification Program — faculty member
- Women in eDiscovery — featured panelist
- The Quorum Initiative
- DC Bar Litigation Section E Discovery & Information Governance Committee
- Sedgwick E-Discovery Task Force
- Sedgwick Inclusion & Diversity Committee
- Sedgwick Women’s Forum