Mr. Wolff also has extensive experience defending claims involving FDA approval of pharmaceuticals and medical devices, use of the federal preemption defense, and compliance with FDA and other federal and state regulatory requirements. In addition to litigation, Mr. Wolff also counsels clients on risk prevention, warnings, compliance and document retention issues.
Mr. Wolff has tried and assisted in the trial of many significant cases to verdict, including national-level mass tort litigations involving complex scientific evidence and causation issues. Mr. Wolff has extensive experience working with leading scientists, physicians, and other experts in a variety of fields, including cardiology, neurology, pulmonology, orthopedics, anesthesiology, toxicology, epidemiology, experimental research, regulatory compliance, engineering, accident reconstruction, and forensic economics. He has also served on national and regional coordinated litigation defense teams, particularly in the area of scientific and expert witness development. This experience has included successful challenges to the admissibility of expert witness opinion testimony through Daubert hearings and other procedures.
- Mr. Wolff has successfully defended clients in a wide variety of product liability and unfair business practice claims. He has also played a significant role in many appellate efforts, including obtaining appellate victories for product manufacturers leading to published opinions in Kanter v. Warner-Lambert, et. al. (2002), and In re California Firearm Cases (2005).
Presentations and Publications
- Author, “Sunshine and Its Glare,” MX Magazine (May/June, 2008).
- U.S. District Court (C.D. Cal.)
- U.S. District Court (E.D. Cal.)
- U.S. District Court (N.D. Cal.)
- J.D. (1992) University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- B.A. (1983) Ohio Wesleyan University
Memberships and Affiliations
- Defense Research Institute
- San Francisco Bar Association